Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Tomorrow is my second Mother's Day ever. Well, not ever. But as someone who is the recipient of gifts. My last Mother's Day (which was my first ever as a momma for those keeping track) was sort of anti-climactic. My husband took our son downstairs so I could sleep in (or so he said) but the new mother anxiety got to me and I couldn't go back to sleep so I went downstairs to see if I could lend him a hand. Thereby ruining his surprise breakfast in bed. Which resulted in his being frustrated and annoyed by my ever present need for control and my being disappointed with his lack of delivery which led to a lovely argument. Which I am sure was made ten times worse than it may normally have been due to the post-partum hormones on my part and sleep deprivation from both of us. Ahhhh, life with a newborn! There's just nothing else like it.

So, this year when he asked what I wanted, I decided to keep it simple. I want to go to church, have a nice brunch somewhere and play with our tot. That's it. That's all. I just want to enjoy being a mom on Mother's Day. I hope every mom out there gets their ideal Mother's Day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment