Sunday, June 13, 2010

Code Brown

It happened. I knew it would happen sooner or later. I had been expecting it, but because it had not happened yet, I allowed myself to be lulled into a false sense of security. I was a fool.

Tonight was the Husband's night to bathe and bed the tot. But he was busy cleaning up dinner and we were running behind as usual. So, being the great wife that I am, I offered to do the bath. (I am a giver, I tell you!) I got the bath started and the tot undressed and submerged in record time and was feeling pretty proud of my accomplishment. I had just finished washing him and was giving him a little extra time to play in the tub. So there we were, just he and I, enjoying our time. All of the sudden, I noticed these funny bubbles coming from the water. From his..uhhh... caboose area. And then, I just knew. I just knew what was about to happen but I couldn't move. I was frozen in a combination of horror and disbelief as two little brown pebbles floated to the surface. I know I made an audible gasp which was received from the tot with a worried frown. I tried to be reassuring but had a primary focus of getting my newly clean toddler out of what had just become a defiled bathtub. With what I am sure were cat-like reflexes, I quickly snatched the tot up out of the tub and rushed him to his room before he had any chance to come in to contact with the offending floaters.

Never have I been so glad to be a co-parent as when my husband came in as I was changing the tot and I told him that he needed to empty the bathtub. He was concerned and all I could say was "We have a Code Brown."

No comments:

Post a Comment