Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fake it until you make it

Things are better. I have started getting this whole credit thing resolved and am in the process of obtaining documentation from the doctor's office that the collections account is not mine (hooray!). The lady I spoke with there was very nice and very apologetic when she realized that it was likely an error on their part. You know, assuming I didn't fly 1200 miles to go to the doctor a few years back and all. So, I will be getting refunded for my collection payment and (fingers crossed) getting the black mark removed from my credit report. I realize it doesn't change the fact that I still may not qualify for a credit card due to a lack of employment, but I am continuing to investigate my options and if that ends up being the case? Well, I guess I will jump off that bridge when I get to it.

In the meanwhile, we have started swim lessons. The tot is loving them mostly and learning so much. In all honesty, this is his second time with swim lessons but our last instructor wasn't very, um, instructional. So this time he has already learned to get in and out of the pool and to push off from the wall. We are working on learning to go underwater but so far, he is not a fan. I am sort of dumbfounded by his reaction given that when we go to the local pool or even the baby pool at the gym, he waddles around happy as a clam, and face-plants repeatedly in the water. The first couple of times this happened, I grabbed him in a panic and pulled him out coughing and sputtering. He was very upset and I thought he was traumatized, but then realized that he was upset because he wanted me to put him down so he could go back to his wading/falling. I have since tried to have a non-reaction (how does one do that when their baby is laying face down in a pool?) and just stand him back up. In reverse, when he goes underwater in swim class, I try to put on my biggest happy face, cheer and clap so that he knows I am proud of him even though he is coughing and fussing and clearly NOT enjoying himself. Fake it 'till you make it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment